Monday, August 8, 2011

DIY PROJECT!!! CORK BOARD:JEWELRY ORGANIZER,PICTURE DISPLAY, AND TO DO LIST!

This is my little jewelry/photo display cork board that I made!
I dont have anything on my walls in my bedroom so I was really just wanting to make something crafty and cute to put up! Oh! and I really wanted to use my new zebra print glue gun from michaels crafts!


So here is what will you need to get this look:

(I got everything shown here at michaels)
  • zebra print duct tape
  • glue gun (I got zebra print because I am obsessed)
  • two different kinds of ribbon (I got the pink zebra print and cheetah)
  • two sparkly flowers, I think these were like .69 cents.
  • thumb tacks they had these pink, white, and black ones that i thought were really cool.
  • scissors
  • glue sticks (most glue guns don't come with glue.)
  • loose glitter
  • annnnnd....a cork board.

Ok so first, I decided which ribbon I wanted to use for the border and cut the pieces out for that.

Then, you take and glue all of those pieces of ribbon down for your border.
When your finished doing that, you need to take the other ribbon and decide where you want your jewelry line to start. As pictured above, I decided to start mine at a little less than half from the bottom.
Then, you continue to glue all the way down to the bottom of the board.
After you have all of that glued down and smoothed over, you start to lay your zebra print duct tape down on the upper half of the board. You can use this part for hanging up pictures or to do list.


Continue laying the duct tape down until you reach the top.
You can put small dots of glue down before you lay the tape down, just to make sure it doesnt fall or peel off.
Cut the stems off of the flowers and try to cut the back almost flat so that you can glue it down really well to the board.
Then glue them down to the board wherever you choose.
(you can see where I put mine)
After I glued both flowers to the board, I just added some finishing touches.
I took the hot glue and made little dots across the board where the zebra print and cheetah print meet and sprinkled gold glitter on them. (made them look like little buttons)
I also went ahead and placed my thumb tacks for my necklaces, I just zig zagged them so it didnt look so plain just straight across!


And thats it! You can really use any pattern or any print for this! just have fun!
* And remember, those hot glue guns are super super hot!!!!
I had to be reminded a couple of times :(
Good luck! If anyone does this, I would love to see how everyone elses turns out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment