Wednesday, April 6, 2011

what changed my life

           This is me of course! And my 2 yr old Aiden! I have to say I was always the girl who swore that she was never having children and would always be me myself and I! I never had patience and so I knew that if I ever had children I would go insane. Well the day I found out I was pregnant you can only imagine the horor!!! I bought 2 pregnancy test on the way home from hair school determined to prove to everyone around me that i was NOT pregnant! well….as you can tell I was very much pregnant! I immidiately called my sister! yes thats right not my boyfriend, not my mom! My sister. My younger sister at that. Like she would have all the right answers!
                   Well my sister arrived to me sitting on a toilet sorry (tmi) with 2 pregnancy test resting on the counter top! Did I mention I was sobbing?! I could only imagine the sight of this! My very calm sister…younger sister looked at me and said its ok…I then looked at her and said no it isnt, we are going to get another pregnancy test this cant possibly be right! So we did and as you guessed every 3 of the test where positive!
                        The next day I walked into the doctors office and begged them to see me! I just knew that they where going to tell me I was not pregnant and that my life as I knew it was not over! But no….my life as a mother was just beggining! The next 9 months as everyday went by I started to realize that my life was not over and that this was something I might love and enjoy! I started seeing everyone with their families and how happy they where and I knew then that this was something I could get used to! I started buying baby everything and when I found out I was having a little boy everything I bought was the bluest of blues!
                        well, 2 years later and everything around me is still blue! I love being a mother and I love everything that comes with it! The messes, the kisses, the tantrums…not so much, the little bitty clothes and socks, and of course everything that there is on the market that has to do with spongebob! And of course theres nothing in the world like those 2 little arms wrapping around you and giving you the best gift in the world…the love of your child!
                       So for those of you scared of having children, dont be! Its the best gift that God could give. The gift of life, love and joy! I could not imagine my life without Aiden in it now! Funny how I was saying the exact opposite two years ago. As im sitting here next to him peacefully sleeping I can’t help but wonder honestly what my life would be without him. Good night from a nice view of toys scattered all over and a peacefully sleeping baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment